- This event has passed.
SOLD OUT Close Quarter Battle Instructors Course – Benton, LA
Hosted By: Bossier Parish Sheriff’s Office
Duration: 4 days
Students: 12 Max
Restrictions: Law Enforcement, Military or Government Agencies
This course is designed specifically for firearms instructors who will be responsible for the safety, design and conduct of live fire CQB training.
Students will leave this course with a thorough understanding of how to prepare, present, conduct, and supervise all facets of CQB range fire and room combat drills conducted both day and night.
This course is a must for serious trainers who are concerned for the safety of both their SWAT officers and other personnel involved in the training. Each student must attain the required standards for weapon handling, close quarter tactical shooting, and close quarter tactical drills, to successfully complete the course.
Based on the students final assessment they will graduate as either a CQB Instructor which qualifies the officer to teach and certify new officers or as a CQB Safety Officer which only certifies the student as a safety officer and not an Instructor.
Course content includes:
- Instructor traits
- Range safety and training design
- Tactical shooting (pistol / carbine or SMG)
- Presentation of range lessons
- Target placement
- Shoot house design
- Room combat (live fire)
- Presentation of CQB lessons
- Distraction device deployment
- Ballistic shield drills
- Night exercises
- Design and presentation of tactical assault courses
- Vehicle counter-ambush drills
- Explosive breaching (instructor led)
- Pistol / 3 magazines
- Carbine / 3 magazines
- Sims conversion kits for both weapons (if available)
- Ear and eye protection
- Helmet / Level 3 or 4 armor / gloves
- Carbine: 300 live rounds, 200 sims / UTM rounds
- Pistol: 200 live rounds, 50 sims
- Two distraction devices (if available)
Hampton Inn & Suites
2691 Viking Dr
Bossier City, LA 71111
Dorm Rooms (near facility) $25/night Contact Dana 318-965-3525
Airport: Shreveport Regional