Defensive Counter Measures Instructor Course
Hosted By: Grand Master Garry Welch with Kingdom Elite Tactical
Duration: 3 days
Students: 12 Min – 36 Max
Restrictions: Law Enforcement, Corrections, Military, Security, or Government Agencies Only
The aim of this defensive tactics course is to train and certify the student as an Instructor in Defensive Counter Measures. These tactics are in response to Active Assaults and Deadly Force Encounters. The goal is to instill in the trainer the techniques, skill sets and confidence in order for them to return to their department, agency, unit, etc. to train and certify students in the basic program of this course.
Upon successful completion of this course the Instructors will possess the knowledge and skills necessary to correctly train and certify students of their own in the content of this course and will be provided the resources and support needed to carry out this mission.
Additionally, they will complete the course with a skill set practical evaluation and a teach back evaluation.
This course has been designed to offer the professional more justified use-of-force response options.
Course content includes:
- Course one will consist of the classroom lecture and the physical practice and application of strikes, counter strikes, defensive techniques, and escapes from all types of grabs & active assaults.
- Examples: wrist grabs – choke holds – bear hugs – head locks – guillotine – deadly force holds on the throat and neck – hair grabs – attempted grabs – pushes/pulls from the front and back, control techniques, take-down / grounding techniques
- Instructor Development Training
- Review of the use of force control continuum
- Review of federal use of force standards and case law.
- The effects of survival stress of combat performance
- These techniques will be presented and taught so the student will be able to perform from multiple angles for real life scenarios, at the static, fluid and dynamic levels of training. The student will perform stress drills where the participant will perform these simple techniques under simulated stress.
- Loose comfortable clothing
- Comfortable shoes or boots
- Cup & Supporter (groin protection)
Instructor will receive:
- Instructor Training Manual
- Instructor T-shirt (submit shirt size during registration)
- Instructor Certificate
- Instructor Training Knife
Holiday Inn Southaven
280 Marathon Way
Southaven, MS 38671
- Gov’t Rate: $108.00
- Indoor Pool & Fitness Center
- Microwave – Mini Fridge – Desk – Flat Screen TV
- Includes Free Internet
Airport: Memphis International (MEM)