Explosive Breaching Recertification – New City, NY
Hosted By: Rockland County Sheriff’s Office
Duration: 2 days
Students: 8 Min – 24 Max
Prerequisite: Former graduate of a TEES Explosive Breaching course. Certificate of qualification must be included with training registration.
All TEES explosive breaching courses will be valid for a period of three years. For a breacher’s certification to remain valid, the officer / operator must attend a re-certification course within two months of the expiration date stated on certificate. Former TEES graduates are encouraged to attend this course as this will up-skill and recertify them for an additional three year period.
The aim of this two day course is to re-certify the breacher in the theory and technical skills that are considered current international best practices for explosive breaching.
The skills covered will focus heavily on the aspects of breaching that effect safety and the ability to guarantee 100% penetration of a desired target. Successful candidates will receive a diploma from TEES that certifies them as competent and operationally capable to fulfill the core breaching skills as mandated by their command staff.
Course content includes:
- Current breaching trends
- Review of charge calculations
- Latest equipment and accessories
- Target analysis
- Fragmentation / collateral damage predictions for each type of charge
- Review of charge placement drill (2 man / 1 man / EA drill / IDC drill)
- Charge construction and firing (core charges)
- Final written test
- Ear protection
- Eye Protection: Clear lens safety wrap-around style glasses
- Range training uniform (long sleeve)
- Nomex gloves (recommended)
- Ballistic protection – soft armor or plate carrier with plates
- Handgun or carbine (no ammo, blue gun is acceptable)
- Flash Drive
Crowne Plaza Suffern – Mahwah
3 Executive Blvd
Suffern, NY 10901
Airport: Newark Liberty International (EWR)