- This event has passed.
POSTPONED DUE TO COVID -19 Explosive Handlers & Breaching Course – Perry, FL
THIS CLASS HAS BEEN POSTPONED; WITH PLANS FOR RESCHEDULING TO A LATER DATE
Hosted By: Leon County Sheriff’s Office
Duration: 5 days
Cost: $1900 (Includes course tuition, on site barracks and meal plan, details below)
Students: 8 Min – 24 Max
Restrictions: Law Enforcement, Military or Government Agencies
The aim of this 5 day course is to introduce the student to time tested and operationally proven drills and procedures in order to establish or further enhance an existing explosive breaching program within their unit or department.
This course has been designed for non EOD Technicians who have little to no experience in the recognition and safe handling of explosive compounds. Day one will be devoted to the theory and handling of explosives with days two-five focusing on explosive breaching techniques.
Course content includes:
- Explosive storage and transportation regulations ATF -DOT
- Theory of explosives and explosions
- Explosive safety
- Explosive accessories
- Recognition of low and high explosive compounds
- Preparation and firing of charges using non-electric fuse and shock tube initiated blasting caps
- Misfired charge procedures
- History and theory of explosive breaching
- Critical safety issues – calculating net explosive weight, safe stacking distance, and internal overpressure
- Breaching report documentation
- Breaching wood and metal doors
- Breaching windows
- Defeating barricaded doors
- Introduction to internal door charges
- Introduction to charge placement drills
- Reacting to a misfired charge
- Multiple breach points
- Developing standard operating procedures
- Target analysis
- Breacher’s brief back format
- Breacher’s operational data aide memoir
- Cover port breaching on dry walls
On successful completion of this course, the student will possess the necessary skills to safely and confidently employ explosive breaching charges in support of special operation missions.
- Ear protection
- Eye Protection: Clear lens safety wrap-around style glasses
- Range training uniform (long sleeve)
- Nomex gloves (recommended)
- Ballistic protection – soft armor or plate carrier with plates
- Handgun or carbine (no ammo, blue gun is acceptable)
- Flash Drive up to 8GB (course breach reports, photos, videos and SOPs)
Training will be conducted at a local training facility that offers on site male/female barracks/housing at $50/night and meal plan consisting of 3 meals a day at a rate of $40/day. The facility has a weight room, running trails. fire pit, flat screen TV’s,wifi and corn hole boards for the students to relax and unwind after training.
If you are not interested in either on site housing or meal plan please go ahead and register choosing the pay later option and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know what you prefer.
Airport: Tallahassee International (TLH)