Ground Defense Countermeasures Instructor Course
Hosted By: Grand Master Garry Welch with Kingdom Elite Tactical
Duration: 3 days
Students: 12 Min – 36 Max
Restrictions: Law Enforcement, Corrections, Military, Security, or Government Agencies Only
The aim of this defensive tactics course is to train and certify the student as an Instructor in Ground Defense. Our goal is to instill in the trainer the techniques, skill sets and confidence needed in order for them to return to their department, agency, unit, etc. to train and certify students in the basic program of this course.
This is not a ground defense system of submission or any type of sport like wrestling moves. As a professional the last place you want to find yourself is on the ground in an assault. We call this course P.A.C.E. – Prevent/Avoid/Control/Escape. The objective of this course is to learn how to avoid being take to the ground, but if you find yourself on the ground, you will be trained in how to escape and get back on your feet.
The student will end each day with an evaluation performing stress drills applying these simple techniques and tactics under simulated stress.
Upon successful completion of this course the Instructors will possess the knowledge and skills needed to correctly train students of their own in the content of this course and they will be provided the resources and support needed to carry out this mission.
Additionally, they will complete the course with a skill set practical evaluation and a teach back evaluation.
Course content includes:
- This course will consist of classroom lecture and the physical practice of avoidance drills, control and escape tactics.
- Instructor Development Training
- Review of the use of force control continuum
- Review of federal use of force standards and case law.
- The effects of survival stress of combat performance
- With statistics showing that 50% of all encounters end up on the ground, the professional will receive the training needed to be prepared if this happens.
- Learning to prevent and avoid is the first line of defense when an attacker is attempting to take you to the ground. The student will first be taught how to avoid being taken to the ground. The student will learn and perform evasion tactics against an attempt to take them to the ground. These preventive and avoidance measures keep the operator on their feet in a stable fighting stance where they need to be.
- The student will be taught that control and escape is the second line of defense, in the event they are taken to the ground.
- The student will be taught how to defeat various angles of chokes, headlocks and active aggression assaults of being punched and much more.
- The student will also be trained in how to effectively defend against knife and firearms assaults while on their back, as well as face down in a prone position.
- Loose comfortable clothing
- Comfortable shoes or boots
- Cup & Supporter (groin protection)
- Mechanix type gloves (recommended)
- Knee Pads (recommended)
Instructor will receive:
- Instructor Training Manual
- Instructor T-shirt (submit shirt size during registration)
- Instructor Certificate
- Instructor Training Knife
Holiday Inn Southaven
280 Marathon Way
Southaven, MS 38671
- Gov’t Rate: $108.00
- Indoor Pool & Fitness Center
- Microwave – Mini Fridge – Desk – Flat Screen TV
- Includes Free Internet
Airport: Memphis International (MEM)