- This event has passed.
Mechanical & Ballistic Breaching Instructor Course
Duration: 4 days
Students: 8 Min – 14 Max
Restrictions: Law Enforcement, Military or Government Agencies
The aim of this 4 day course is to qualify select personnel as Mechanical & Ballistic Breaching Instructors. Students will be versed in the correct and safe use of breaching tools as well as the 12 gauge breaching shotgun. Additionally they will be afforded the opportunity to plan, prepare and present lessons pertaining to this subject.
On successful completion of this course, the officers will have the necessary knowledge and skills in order to educate their officers in this skill set.
Course content includes:
- History and theory and non-explosive methods of entry
- Equipment selection
- Carriage of tools and shotgun
- Breaching inward opening doors
- Breaching outward opening doors
- Ballistic breaching techniques
- Planning considerations
- Scenario based training
- Lesson plan development
- Presentation of lesson plans
- Range training uniform (long sleeve)
- Nomex gloves
- Ballistic protection – soft armor or plate carrier with plates
- Tactical belt
- Eye & ear protection (clear lenses or goggles)
- Weapon (rifle or pistol – no ammo, blue gun is acceptable)
- 12 gauge pump shotgun (for check out drills prior to breaching shotguns being used) If flying and unable to transport weapon then TEES can provide.
- Laptop (optional, but recommended)
6921 Parkwood Drive
Olive Branch, MS 38654
- TEES Gov’t Rate: $92.00 Single King / Double Queen
- 100% Smoke Free
- Microwave – Mini Fridge – Sitting area with double sleeper couch
- Includes Free Hot Breakfast / Internet
Airport: Memphis International (MEM)