Mechanical & Ballistic Breaching Instructor Recertification Course
Duration: 2 days
Students: 8 Min – 14 Max
Restrictions: Law Enforcement, Military or Government Agencies
Prerequisite: Must be a graduate of a TEES Mechanical & Ballistic Breaching Instructor Course (or a recognized breaching school)
TEES Mechanical Breaching courses are valid for a period of three years. For a breaching instructor certification to remain current, the breacher must attend a re-certification course within two months of the expiration date stated on the certificate. Former TEES graduates are encouraged to attend this course as this will up-skill and recertify the breacher for an additional 3 year period.
The aim of this two day course is to re-certify the instructor in the theory, technical and lesson presentation skills considered current international best practices for mechanical / ballistic breaching.
The skills covered will focus heavily on the aspects of mechanical / ballistic breaching that effect safety and the ability to conduct an accurate analysis of a given target. Successful candidates will receive a diploma from TEES that certifies them as competent and operationally capable to fulfill core mechanical / ballistic breaching skills as required and expected of an instructor.
Course content includes:
- Review of current trends
- Shotgun breaching – safety review and practical application
- Carriage of equipment
- Tactical approach / negotiating obstacles
- Lesson plan review
- Preparation and delivery of lessons
- Range training uniform (long sleeve)
- Nomex gloves
- Ballistic protection – soft armor or plate carrier with plates
- Ear protection
- Eye Protection: Clear lens safety wrap-around style glasses
- Weapon (rifle or pistol – no ammo, blue gun is acceptable)
- Flash Drive
- OSHA requirement: 3M OV P100 Household Multi-Purpose Reusable Respirator
This re-cert is NOT a stand-alone course. This course will be conducted on day 1-2 of the Mechanical, Thermal & Ballistic Breaching Course or day 1-2 of the Mechanical & Ballistic Breaching Instructor Course.
Fairfield Inn & Suites
7044 Hacks Cross Road
Olive Branch, MS 38654
662-892-4469 (select “0” to book through hotel directly)
- TEES Gov’t Rate: $92 Standard / King Suite
- 100% Smoke Free
- Microwave – Mini Fridge – Fitness Center – Outdoor Pool
- Includes Free Hot Breakfast / Internet
Airport: Memphis International (MEM)