Tactical Knife Fighting Instructor Course
Hosted By: Grand Master Garry Welch with Kingdom Elite Tactical
Duration: 3 days
Students: 12 Min – 36 Max
Restrictions: Law Enforcement, Corrections, Military, Security, or Government Agencies Only
The aim of this defensive tactics course is to train and certify the student as an Instructor in Tactical Knife Fighting. Our goal is to instill in the trainer the techniques, skill sets and confidence needed in order for them to return to their department, agency, unit, etc. to train and certify students in the basic program of this course.
The objectives of this training course are to instill in the student the tactics and skills necessary to become skilled knife fighter. As a professional, we carry some type of edged weapon with us every day, this could very well become our second or third line of defense in the event of a deadly force encounter. Knowing how to defend ourselves or those around us with this tool is very important in the day and times that we live in.
The student will end each day with an evaluation performing stress drills applying these simple techniques and tactics under simulated stress.
Upon successful completion of this course the Instructors will possess the knowledge and skills needed to correctly train students of their own in the content of this course and they will be provided the resources and support needed to carry out this mission.
Additionally, they will complete the course with a skill set practical evaluation and a teach back evaluation.
Course content includes:
- This course will consist of classroom lecture and the physical practice of tactical knife fighting.
- Instructor Development Training
- Review of the use of force control continuum
- Review of federal use of force standards and case law.
- The effects of survival stress of combat performance
- What is Tactical Knife Fighting? In order to have a knife fight you must have at least two people. Unfortunately, you do not have the intelligence gathering opportunity to know how good the other person is. So, you have to be a very skilled and complete knife fighter in your tactics.
- You will be taught through this training the most vulnerable areas of the human body for a knife attack. And also develop a keen understanding of how a knife is used in an attack, making you more aware and skilled in defending against a knife if you have to use an empty hand defense.
- You will be taught there are 2 components:
- Tactical: This means having a plan or a strategy behind the reason we do what we do. In other words, I have my tactics.
- Knife Fighting: I will take my tactics and integrate them in with a system of preplanned movements of a fighting encounter. Basically, if I only just fight with the knife, and do not have an objective or a strategy, I will only be able to rely on the physical part of it.
- Loose comfortable clothing
- Comfortable shoes or boots
- Cup & Supporter (groin protection)
- Mechanix type gloves (recommended)
- Knee Pads (recommended)
Instructor will receive:
- Instructor Training Manual
- Instructor T-shirt (submit shirt size during registration)
- Instructor Certificate
- Instructor Training Knife
Holiday Inn Southaven
280 Marathon Way
Southaven, MS 38671
- Gov’t Rate: $108.00
- Indoor Pool & Fitness Center
- Microwave – Mini Fridge – Desk – Flat Screen TV
- Includes Free Internet
Airport: Memphis International (MEM)