Weapons Disarming Instructor Course
Hosted By: Grand Master Garry Welch with Kingdom Elite Tactical
Duration: 3 Days
Students: 12 Min – 36 Max
Restrictions: Law Enforcement, Corrections, Military, Security, or Government Agencies Only
The aim of this defensive tactics course is to train and certify the student as an Instructor in Weapon Disarming tactics. These disarming tactics are in response to Deadly Force Assaults and Deadly Force Encounters. Our goal is to instill in the trainer the techniques, skill sets and confidence needed in order for them to return to their department, agency, unit, etc. to train and certify students in the basic program of this course.
Our objective is to train the professional in the disarming of handguns, long guns and bludgeon type weapons from all possible angles of attack. The student will end each day with an evaluation performing stress drills applying these simple techniques under simulated stress.
Upon successful completion of this course the Instructors will possess the knowledge and skills needed to correctly train students of their own in the content of this course and they will be provided the resources and support needed to carry out this mission.
Additionally they will complete the course with a skill set practical evaluation and a teach back evaluation.
Course content includes:
- Course two will consist of the classroom lecture and the physical practice and application of disarming tactics in response to deadly force assaults.
- Instructor Development Training
- Review of the use of force control continuum
- Review of federal use of force standards and case law.
- The effects of survival stress of combat performance
- These techniques will be presented and taught so the student will be able to perform from multiple angles for real life scenarios, at the static, fluid and dynamic levels of training.
- Loose comfortable clothing
- Comfortable shoes or boots
- Cup & Supporter (groin protection)
- Mechanix type gloves (recommended)
Instructor will receive:
- Instructor Training Manual
- Instructor T-shirt
- Instructor Certificate
Holiday Inn Southaven
280 Marathon Way
Southaven, MS 38671
- Gov’t Rate: $108.00
- Indoor Pool & Fitness Center
- Microwave – Mini Fridge – Desk – Flat Screen TV
- Includes Free Internet
Airport: Memphis International (MEM)