Duration: 3 days
Students: 12 Min – 24 Max
Restrictions: Law Enforcement, Military or Government Agencies
Prerequisite: Former graduate of a TEES Explosive Breaching course or a certified LE or Military explosive breacher
The aim of this 3 day course is to introduce the student to the full complement of low NEW charges provided by UTK, LLC. It is fair to say that UTK breaching charges have taken the industry by storm due to the low net explosive weight required to defeat the most common residential and commercial targets.
On successful completion of this course, the student will possess the necessary skills to safely and confidently employ the UTK range of charges in support of special operation missions.
Course content includes:
- Introduction to UTK specialty charges
- Review – calculating net explosive weight, safe stacking distance, and internal overpressure
- Breaching report documentation
- Defeating wood and metal doors (push and pull)
- Defeating security grill doors
- Defeating storm doors
- Defeating commercial steel doors (push and pull)
- Defeating soft wall targets (gun ports)
- Defeating barricaded doors
- Reacting to a misfired charge
- Multiple breach point entries
- Breacher’s brief back format
- Ear protection
- Eye Protection: Clear lens safety wrap-around style glasses
- Range training uniform (long sleeve)
- Nomex gloves (recommended)
- Ballistic protection – soft armor or plate carrier with plates
Primary Instructor Bio:
Yousef Sansour – Esoteric, LLC
After the tragic events of September 11, 2001, Yousef Sansour began working with various US government agencies in a counterterrorism role (CT). These organizations included the FBI, Department of Homeland Security, United States Secret Service, and the Department of Defense. These highly specialized missions saw Sansour in six of the seven continents. During his time abroad, Sansour dedicated himself to the defense of the US in a CT role. As the founder of Esoteric, he has provided training to military and law enforcement agencies across the world. These agencies include, but are not limited to, the FBI, DEA, CIA, Department of Homeland Security, United States Secret Service, US Marshals, US Army, and the US Navy, just to name a few. Sansour also has more than 28 years of SWAT experience with a local law enforcement agency.
Yousef has over 20 years of explosive breaching experience, is the inventor/ developer of UTK products and currently holds 5 patents for explosive breaching specific products.