Duration: 3 days
Cost: $800 (includes TEES certificate of completion and a certification from the National Association of EMT’s (NAEMT) in TCCC)
Students: 18 Max
Restrictions: Law Enforcement, Military or Government Agencies
TME is a 3 day course designed to teach the operator the concepts of tactical medicine using the proven, evidence-based curriculum of Tactical Combat Casualty Care and how to apply them in real life operations and/or training.
Students will learn the fundamentals to TCCC and spend significant time practicing these concepts in simulated drills mimicking real life scenarios. During this course, the operator will acquire the necessary skills to apply tactical, combat proven medicine in support of their unit’s mission.
Course content includes:
Evidence based trauma skills learned from years of research and real world experience including:
- Care under fire (CUF)
- Tactical field care
- Patient packaging and movement
- Integration with evacuation / transportation units
- Bleeding control
- Airway management
- Chest / abdominal wound management
- Basic wound care
- Patient assessment and documentation
- Self aid / buddy aid
- Planning, briefing and communication
On successful completion of this course, the student will possess the necessary skills to safely and confidently employ TACMED solutions in support of special operation missions.
- Ear protection
- Protective eyewear
- Range training uniform (long sleeves)
- Tactical gear (plate carrier, gun belt, helmet)
- Handgun or carbine (both if possible) – no ammo is required for this course
- Individual First Aid Kit (IFAK’s) if available
- Weather appropriate clothing
All medical training equipment and course materials will be provided as well as firearm simulations.